Digital Cinema Sound (DCS) provides high-quality audio solutions specifically designed for home theater systems. Headquartered in Cypress, California, DCS manufactures and distributes superior home and commercial entertainment products that are both innovative and technologically advanced. DCS’ family of A/V products includes in-wall loudspeakers, in-ceiling loudspeakers, static loudspeakers, motorized loudspeakers, .
What Makes DCS Different?
Unlike most in-wall and in-ceiling loudspeakers, which require users to manually adjust tweeters and woofers to the desired listening or home theater viewing setting, DCS’ loudspeakers are easily adjusted via a silent, reliable AC-powered motor. DCS’ in-wall and in-ceiling loudspeakers use a third-order crossover, helping to purify transition between woofer and tweeter. Additionally, DCS loudspeakers can be controlled by simply connecting a 12v DC trigger
adaptor to a home theater receiver, eliminating the need for additional control boxes and system programming.
Other DCS Innovations
- The design of the interior of our motorized speakers causes the motor to work very quietly and is more energy efficient
- Most motor warranties cover 5,000 working hours. DCS warranty its motor at 10,000 working hours because they have consistently proven to be more reliable.
- Most motorized speakers require a programmable remote and control box to control the speaker dropdown angles, but ours are controlled by three mechanical limit switches (patent pending)
- Dropdown angles are easily changed after installation using a screwdriver to move the switch
- Motorization is triggered by a switched outlet in the A/V receiver, again eliminating the need to add yet another remote to a system!
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
All DCS products (excluding clearance and discontinued products) can be returned within 60 days of purchase. DCS will reimburse the purchase price plus shipping charges to return any items, excluding furniture and home theater seating, for any product that does not meet our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. DCS will not reimburse shipping costs on products returned due to order error or surplus. "Non Defective" merchandise can be returned after 60 days at the dealer's cost of return shipping back to DCS . A 25% re-stocking fee will be applied to all returns after 60 days. No merchandise returns after 90 days. All products returned must have prior notification to DCS and an assigned Return Authorization (RA) number must be issued by DCS and written on the box. Clearance and Discontinued products may be returned only in the event of a manufacturer's defect.
Ordering and Shipping:
Orders for all products can be done via DCS's website, phone, or purchase order fax.
ALL orders placed by 3:30pm Pacific Time will be shipped the same day. DCS uses FedEx for all shipments of less than 350 lbs. and FedEx Freight for shipments above 350 lbs. Orders of more than $1000 qualify for free shipping (48 contiguous states only). These orders may be shipped via FedEx Ground or FedEx Freight at DCS's discretion. Free shipping applies to orders being shipped to a commercial address with a shipping dock. An additional $50 will be charged for freight truck deliveries to businesses without loading docks. An additional $150 will be charged for deliveries to residential addresses. Free shipping on orders of more than $1000 does not include express shipping services such as Overnight or 2nd Day. Merchandise that is being picked up directly from the DCS Warehouse can be picked up Monday-Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm and Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. Warehouse pick-ups must be paid for in full before any product will be released. Any merchandise returned to the warehouse must be accompanied by a Return Authorization number from a DCS Sales Representative.
All in-wall, in-ceiling, commercial speakers (excluding the motorized series) have a limited lifetime warranty. The motorized series speakers carry a lifetime warranty on the driver and mold and include a 5 year warranty on the motorized portion of the speaker. The lifetime warranty includes lifetime parts and repair labor on all components. The 5 year warranty includes parts and repair labor for the motorized portion of the speakers. DCS Digital Cinema Sound's obligation under this warranty is limited to repairing or replacing any component found defective in material or workmanship under normal conditions of use. This warrany shall not apply to products which have been abused, modified, disassembled, or repaired by anyone other than DCS Digital Cinema Sound or one of its appointed service centers. Products to be repaired under this warranty must be returned to the factory or designated service center with all transportation and insurance charges pre-paid.
This warranty is only valid if product is purchased from an authorized DCS Digital Cinema Sound dealer; all claims to this warranty must be made through and authorized DCS Digital Cinema Sound dealer.